Below is a list of college scholarships available for application. The scholarships listed apply to high school seniors, current college students, and students pursuing a trade or technical program. If you would like assistance working through any of these scholarship applications please feel free to contact Ms. Gonzalez at email@example.com.
New Scholarship Available Exclusively to Nativity Graduates
Betty Ann Donohue Scavone Scholarship
Scholarship Criteria & Selection Process
This scholarship program is available to graduates of Nativity School of Worcester. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or national origin. Awards are based on need and/or merit and are available to an indefinite class of individuals, and not to pre-selected persons.
All scholarships will be awarded for use in an academic degree-granting program in a college, university or other qualifying institutions, such as accredited certificate or trade programs. The scholarship will be awarded on a one-time basis. Applicants are welcome to reapply but priority will be given to first time applicants and students who have not received funds from this scholarship yet.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Graduates of the Nativity School of Worcester.
- Current high school seniors or graduates of Nativity planning to enroll in undergraduate study at an accredited college, university or other qualifying institutions for the upcoming academic year.
- Students outside the United States must be in their final year of upper or higher secondary school or be current technical or university level students. Students studying to enter trade and technical fields may apply to receive scholarships to help pay for training at an accredited trade or technical school, or certification exams.
- Children of Elected or Appointed Trustees of the granting scholarship body are ineligible to apply.
To be considered for a scholarship, all applicants must submit a completed application form inclusive of the following documents:
- Official transcript
Application Guidelines for Postsecondary Program Scholarships
- Deadlines for receipt of applications with all supporting materials for each scholarship will be published on the Nativity School of Worcester’s website, along with other pertinent application information.
- All applications and supporting materials for scholarships must be submitted in the format specified on the Nativity School of Worcester website for each item, and must be complete and verified before being considered by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee.
- Only complete applications with all required supporting materials that are received by the published deadline will be considered by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee.
Selection Process for Postsecondary Program Scholarships
- All timely and completed applications accompanied by all required supporting materials will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee, composed of the Nativity Worcester Graduate Support Team and granting scholarship Trustees, to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.
- Applicants will be scored using a points system based on the quality of the content provided and possible match with donor eligibility preferences. The committee also will assess students based on previous academic performance and the alignment of a candidate’s coursework with approved programs of study, or programs pertinent to the project management field.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee are final and any direct or indirect attempts by applicants to lobby or persuade the committee during the process may result in immediate disqualification.
- Scholarships will be awarded in a manner that matches the higher monetary award amounts with the better qualified candidates who meet all the requisite criteria.
Award Guidelines for Postsecondary Program Scholarships
To be eligible for scholarship payment, all applicants for scholarships must provide written proof of enrollment in the program for which a scholarship is sought before the funds are released. Proof of enrollment must be sent directly to Nativity School of Worcester from the accredited institution at which the applicant plans to use the scholarship, and generally takes the form of a letter from the registrar’s office. Instructions for submission of proof of enrollment will be provided to successful applicants. Proof of enrollment must document the following:
- Enrollment in the fall semester of the application year
- Number of credits for which the student is enrolled
- Student enrollment status (full-time/part-time)
- Level of study (undergraduate/trade/certificate program etc.)
Program of study
- Scholarships are given for only one (1) academic year. The academic year for which the scholarship is provided will be identified in the award.
- Successful applicants will be awarded a scholarship on a one-time basis.
- Applicants may submit scholarship applications for each calendar year during which they will be attending an accredited college, university, or other qualifying institutions.
- Scholarship funds will be sent directly to the educational institution on behalf of the student.
Notice of Scholarship Award
- Initial notice to scholarship finalists will be sent via email to the address provided on the application in early April.
- Nativity School of Worcester will ask for final enrollment verification, signature of promotional release and educational records release documents. The scholarship is not officially awarded until finalists return the required documents.
- Final notice of awarded scholarships will be sent to each finalist via email, and postal mail, where possible, after verification is complete.
- Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will have three weeks from the date of notification to submit proof of enrollment and tax forms (W-9 and any additional tax documentation necessary). If documentation is not submitted before the deadline, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn. Exceptions to this policy will be considered on a case by case basis if extenuating circumstances are demonstrated.
- The scholarship payment will be made by check and sent on behalf of students directly to qualifying institutions towards tuition costs.